Living Well at Bendigo - Policies for Corona Virus:
These are some of the early symptoms of the Corona Virus:
· SORE THROAT
· SHORTNESS OF BREATHE
· If you have early symptoms of Corona Virus as detailed below, or flu-like symptoms, take 3 chewable vitamin C tablets daily to help prevent early symptoms from developing into a full blown case of Corona Virus as well as seeking medical advice.
· If you have a fever, Panadol may assist to reduce the fever symptom, as well as seeking medical advice.
· It is important to also get your regular flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccines etc, as if you get the Corona Virus in addition to either the regular flu or pneumonia, it will complicate and escalate the severity of the Corona virus.
VISITOR/CONTRACTOR policy during period of Corona Virus:
All Contractors must report to Manager’s office prior to entering the village.
All residents must carefully screen and take responsibility as to whether to unlock their unit door to visitors and must decline any access to visitors if in doubt of risk to their or other residents’ personal health and/or well-being.
If you have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing, call 000 for urgent medical help.
When to get tested
If you develop symptoms within 14 days of last contact with a confirmed case or of returning to Australia, you should seek medical attention. Your doctor will tell you if you need to get tested.
Please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
If you're concerned
Call the Coronavirus Health Information Line for advice. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
It may take a few days for the test results to come back.
If you have serious symptoms you will be kept in hospital and isolated from other patients to prevent the virus spreading.
If your doctor says you are well enough to re-enter the village while you wait for your test results, you must advise the Village Manager your doctor’s instructions
Protect yourself and others
To prevent the spread of viruses, practise good hygiene and social distancing (keep at least 1.5m away from other residents).
· Please wash your hands with sanitizer provided in dining room every time you enter or exit the dining room.
· Refrain from touching others i.e. no handshakes, a wave/smile or heel click may have to do in the meantime instead.
· Refrain from un-necessary travel or outings where you may be vulnerable to catching the virus.
· Please advise Village Manager if you are travelling overseas
· Residents who are returning from travel, particularly overseas must self-isolate for 14 days.
Everyone must practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus
Good hygiene includes:
Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who have coronavirus disease from spreading it to others.
If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask. There is little evidence that widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people prevents transmission in public.
Copyright © 2020 Living Well At Bendigo - All Rights Reserved.